Tuesday, April 30, 2:45 - 3:35 PM
Room #: Manatee Spring I & II
Imagineers are known as the visionary driving force behind Disney’s theme parks. Similarly, lab designers, architects, and engineers are the visionary driving forces behind the future of laboratories. This presentation will explore the inspiration that can be drawn from Imagineers to apply in the lab design field. We will explore the possibilities!
The Ag industry relies on the analysis of big data to quickly sort millions of possibilities in early stage research. New lab technologies such as automation, robotics and data analytics provide scientists more defined paths towards successful AI (Active Ingredient) development, which in turn reduces speed to market.
Imagine a lab of the future that is able to process thousands of samples per hour instead of weeks, providing more time for the researcher to create formulations from the analyzed data? Attendees will learn about how Syngenta incorporates batch processing techniques at micro-scale to analyze, sort, select, and store millions of samples to achieve the successful development of only two AI’s per year.
• Explore similarities and differences of lab designer and Imagineers.
• How all aspects of Conceptualization, Design and Building are critical to the success of Imagineers and lab designers.
• Explore how automation, robotics and data analytics are bringing lab fantasy to reality.
• Designing for collaboration and flexibility.
• Achieving stakeholders dreams within the confines of a project.